- Provide specialty Occupational Therapy advice, assessment and treatment for patients as per JCIA standards and in line with the hospital’s standards and procedures.
- Coordinate the day to day operational workload within the defined clinical area ensuring and efficient patient care and service is provided.
- Assess the level of intellectual, physical, mental and social development of adult and pediatric patients and evaluate patient’s performance capacity, providing education and training to patients and families in activities of daily living.
- Select and use adaptive equipment and therapeutic programs in areas of physical disability, congenital handicaps and mental dysfunction to assist in normal development patterns.
- Participate in patient home visits prior to discharge to determine supply and capacity needs for function at home.
- Take a principal role in providing treatment for VIP’s and patients referred from the Business Centre.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluating clinical performance of team areas, supporting team members in making clinical decisions and ensuring implementation of departmental guidelines.
- Maintain comprehensive written notes on patients progress for review by other members of the patient care team.
- Liaise with medical staff to ensure the role of occupational therapy is integrated across hospital services and act as lead response for clinical divisions as appropriate.
- Provide key input in the development of occupational therapy guidelines, protocol and other programmes in the specialty area including the continuous team in-service programme.
- Review and update clinical standards of practice in specialty area ensuring alignment with national and international regulations and liaise with the Quality Management Specialist to develop and monitor clinical indicators for specialty area to ensure correct delivery of care.
- Comply with the Health Informatics System procedure utilizing appropriate methods of operation and technical requirements.
- Coordinate and contribute to the following required departmental activities:
- Audit Processes, Quality Improvements and Emergency Training
- Departmental team meetings, senior team meetings and ward rounds/ward meetings
- Staff management related issues such as monthly peer audit, performance evaluation and training (including the design and coordination of training programmes in the specialty area for assigned staff) as required.
- Ensure safe and efficient working equipment, reporting faults and problems through the appropriate channels.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy or related equivalent from an accredited University
- Post graduate education in specialty area
- Must be registered/licensed Occupational Therapist from country of origin
- Minimum of five (5) years post graduate experience with at least two (2) years in area of specialization in a comparable health care facility/organization
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses