The Consultant Radiologist is fully responsible for providing high standard of diagnostic & therapeutic including interventional care, support and expertise in the assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients in the area of radiology and related specialty. The Consultant Radiologists are required to be involved in the continuous quality improvement activities of the department as well as in hospital to achieve the goals of hospital.
Organization Relationships :
- Responsible to : Medical Director through Coordinator of the Department
- Responsible for : All patients care of his/ her specialty
- Liaises With : Medical, Nursing and Administrative Staff, Patients/ families
- Responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved rota by the Medical Director.
- Responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analyzing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow- up.
- Admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
- Explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his/ her attendants.
- Responsible for monitoring the patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient accordingly.
- Refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- Pay regular visits/rounds to the admitted patients and patients referred.
- Document patients records and update the progress notes on regular basis.
- Authenticate and sign the medical record/ progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. He/ She must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to his/ her patients.
- Perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he/ she is specifically privileged according to his/ her qualification, licenses, training & experience.
- Responsible for approving the Discharge Summary, follow-up’s, Medical Report of his/ her patients.
- Ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of his/ her department.
- Serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as requested.
- Ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly
- Be On-Call as per hospital policy, as needed and will assume the duties of Coordinator of Department.
- Responsible to attend the Code Blue (if applicable) and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
- Ensure that all reports and information as required by the Coordinator of the Department/ Medical Director are provided.
- Responsible for identifying and appropriately transferring all the Medico-Legal Cases on time with all the proper documentation and information to the hospital management as per the hospital policy.
- Participate in the provision of clinical / academic activities of the hospital
Education and Qualifications:
- Medical Graduate from a Medical School recognized by the Medical Council in the country of origin, with completion of appropriate Internship and Residency requirements.
- Fellowship or Membership from the Royal College or Western Board in his/ her specialty.
- PhD / Post Graduate or equivalent Degree in his/ her specialty recognized by Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
Experience and Skills
- At least five (5) years of practice in his / her specialty after obtaining the higher degree in a Tertiary Care Hospital.
- Sub-specialty degree or structured sub-specialty training preferred.
- Excellent clinical/ technical skills in his/ her specialty.
- Knowledge of International / National Healthcare Standards.
- Computer Literate/ better knowledge of MS Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Demonstrated teaching skills in respect of junior medical staff, other staff, patients and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses