Specialist OB/GYN is fully responsible to provide high standard of clinical practice and expertise in the assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients in the area of Obstetrics & Gynecology & assist the consultant. He should involve in continuous quality improvement activities of the department and hospital to achieve the goals of the hospital.
Organization Relationships :
Reports to : Medical Director through Head of Department
Responsible for : Patients under care of specialty in the ward/ unit.
Liaises With: Medical, Nursing and Administrative Staff, Patients/ families.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the medical/surgical care of the admitted patients in his/ her department or under his/ her consultant.
- Responsible for managing the assigned clinics (if asked by the management) as per the approved rota by the Coordinator of the Department and Medical Director.
- Responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analyzing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment as per the provided privileges and upon consulting his/ her consultant.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease as per the granted privileges.
- Responsible for monitoring the patients’ condition, and progress in each shift and should inform his/ her consultant.
- Pay daily independent rounds in each shift for all the admitted patients in the department and under his/ her consultant in any other department. Responsible to accompany the consultants in their rounds and assist in all surgical procedures.
- Write the patients complete medical record on time and also update the progress notes at the same time.
- Authenticate and sign the medical record/ progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time.
- Perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he/ she is specifically privileged according to his/ her qualification, training & experience.
- Responsible for writing the Discharge Summaries and Medical Reports of his/ her department/ unit.
- Responsible to attend the Code Blue and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
- Responsible to implement all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines/ clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, therapists, and residents in patient care.
- Responsible to be involved in the continuous quality improvement activities of his/ her department.
- Serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as requested.
- Ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly observed.
- Maintain a high standard of professional care in accordance with the International / National Healthcare Standards.
- Obtain informed consent for all patients in accordance with hospital policy for the undertaking of any diagnostic procedure, operation, test or procedure.
- Provide reports and information as required by the Consultant/ Coordinator of Department.
- Play an active role in the education of the patient and his/ her family on a healthy lifestyle. Contributes to awareness and education of the community, in general, on issues related to health.
- Perform other applicable task and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Graduate of Medical School, recognized by the Medical Council of the country of origin.
- Completion of appropriate internship and residency programs. Post-graduation qualifications in the specialty.
- Membership, Fellowship and/or Board Certification in the respective specialty.
- Relevant licence from the country of origin, acceptable to Saudi Commission for Health Specialty and Ministry of Health.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- At least three (3) years of practice in his / her specialty after obtaining the higher degree In a Tertiary Care Hospital.
- Sub-specialty degree or structured sub-specialty training preferred.
- Clinical/ technical skills in his/ her specialty.
- Knowledge of International / National Healthcare Standards.
- Computer Literate/ Better knowledge of MS Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Driver of Excellence
- Team Builder and Effective Communicator
- Safety and Health Promoter
- Customer Sponsor
- Future Builder
- Inspiring Leader
- Decisive Executor
- Talent Developer
Person Specifications :
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses