Working as a specialist under the supervision of the ENT Consultant. Follow up all hospital administrative and medical policies and procedures. Any other assignment given by the Supervisor or the Management.
Duties and responsibilities
- The specialist clerks all cases admitted from O.P.D. clinics and E.R.. He follows all tests results and informs the Consultant concerned about any abnormal result.
- He/She joins the consultant in the ward rounds as per schedule. Includes pre-operative care of the patients.
- He/She responds to all calls by nursing staff to see any patient under any one of the above mentioned sub- specialties; he/she deals with the problems or call the consultant on-call.
- He/She performs two ward rounds a day, one in the morning with the Consultant and one in the afternoon with the Consultant or on his/her own if the consultant is busy in his/her clinic or O.R.
- He/She may be asked to see patients in the O.P.D. clinic.
- E.R. patients sometimes after been examined by the E.R. physicians are seen by the ENT Specialist regarding their surgical problems to provide both Outpatient or Inpatient management under the supervision and guidance of the Consultant on-call.
- Attends Continuing Education, Infection Control and Performance Improvement programs to keep updated with the current practices.
- Provides full explanation regarding the plan of care and the available treatment options to the patient and care giver in a simple language.
- Encourages the patient and care giver to participate in taking decisions affecting the course of treatment.
- Provides educational materials related to the case for the patient and care giver.
- Plans the educational session with the patient and family after checking their willingness to learn and their learning preferences.
- MBBCh and Master degree in ENT from recognized university
- Current medical license.
- Valid SCFHS license and valid BCLS certification.
Person Specifications :
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Two (2) years experience as Specialist/Resident ENT in a reputed hospital.
- Customer service focused.
- Capable to work under pressure.
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows and Microsoft)
- English language and awareness of Arabic language.
- Familiar with Islamic and Arabic culture.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses