Work as specialist cardiologist under the supervision of consultant cardiologist. Follow all hospital administrative and medical policies and procedures. Any other assignment given by the Supervisor or the management
Duties and responsibilities
- Look after patients admitted to the unit either in the ward or I.C.U. Go with the consultant on rounds in daily basis. Answering consultation in E.R. from general practitioner or other specialties and admitting patients if it is necessary. Covering on-call duties according to the schedule.
- Performing clinical procedures under the supervision of the consultant. He/She might be asked by the consultant to run the Out-patient clinic if needs arise. Perform the following procedures: Peripheral and central I.V. access, Temporary pacemaker, Exercise stress test and Thrombolytic therapy.
- Leads the Code Blue team. Do E.C.G. interpretation in all units. He/She may suggest to his/her Consultants any ideas that may raise the quality of work in the department. Attends Continuing Education, Infection Control and Performance Improvement programs to keep updated with the current practices.
- Provides full explanation regarding the plan of care and the available treatment options to the patient and care giver in a simple language.
- Encourages the patient and care giver to participate in taking decisions affecting the course of treatment.
- Provides educational materials related to the case for the patient and care giver.
- Plans the educational session with the patient and family after checking their willingness to learn and their learning preferences.
- Graduate from an approved medical school with Master degree in Cardiology.
- Current medical license.
- Valid SCFHS license and valid BCLS certification.
- Two years experience as Specialist Cardiologist in a reputed hospital.
- Customer service focused.
- Capable to work under pressure.
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows and Microsoft)
- English language and awareness of Arabic language.
- Familiar with Islamic and Arabic culture.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses