This post exists to provide a specialist service in Orthodontics to dental consultants and staff in other dental specialities including the Division of Dental Primary Care.
This services includes the assessment of dental and dentofacial irregularities including clefts of the lips and palate. Any other assignment given by the Supervisor or the Management.
Provides a clinical service in orthodontics during normal working hours of the hospital. To make and execute clinical decisions for referred futher to another specility.
To perform clinical work in a well equipped dental surgery with access to such facilities as may be necessary e.g. Radiography, Dental, Laboratory, Pathology, etc. to provide the responsibility for the care of patients.
Supervision of the following staff, associated with the treatment of their patients. Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
Attends Continuing Education, Infection Control and Performance Improvement programs to keep updated with the current practices.
Provides full explanation regarding the plan of care and the available treatment options to the patient and care giver in a simple language.
Encourages the patient and care giver to participate in taking decisions affecting the course of treatment.
Provides educational materials related to the case for the patient and care giver.
Plans the educational session with the patient and family after checking their willingness to learn and their learning preferences.
- BDS from a recognized university.
- FDS from a Royal College of Surgeons or Board Certification of qualification (USA).
- Diploma in Orthodontics from a Royal College of Surgeons.
- Current medical license from country of origin to practice medicine.
- Valid SCFHS license and valid BCLS certification.
- Ten years dental experience
- Five (5) years at least as a Senior Registrar in a specialty after obtaining the higher clinical fellowship (as defined above)
- Should have experience in teaching dental doctors
- Published dental work, investigate or research, Experience in any other dental specialty.
- Customer service focused. Capable to work and produce under pressure.
- Intermediate computer skills (window and Microsoft)
- Excellent interpersonal communication. English language and awareness of Arabic language
- Familiar with Islamic and Arabic culture.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses