- Supervising the administrative and medical services of Ophthalmology department. Participates in the Continuing Medical Education Program.
- Maintains and improves the high quality service for Ophthalmology patients. Participates in the development and implementation of the hospital’s policy and procedure.
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate high quality service. Any other assignment given by the Chief Medical Officer/Deputy Chief Medical Officer or the Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the management about any recommendation to improve the service of the unit.
- Preventing and solving all problems in the unit. Covering the Out-patient clinic during the hospital’s working hours.
- On-call covering for emergency receiving according to the schedule prepared by the Medical Affairs.
- Responding to consultation from various departments. Responsible for operative procedures and follow after surgery.
- Responsibility of managing of the in-patients under his care. Documentation of all events occurs to the patients in the unit.
- Participate in the future plans for the unit development and improvement. Evaluation of the Junior staff in the unit. Evaluation of the level of the service in the department.
- Attends Continuing Education, Infection Control and Performance Improvement programs to keep updated with the current practices.
- Provides full explanation regarding the plan of care and the available treatment options to the patient and care giver in a simple language.
- Encourages the patient and care giver to participate in taking decisions affecting the course of treatment.
- Provides educational materials related to the case for the patient and care giver.
- Plans the educational session with the patient and family after checking their willingness to learn and their learning preferences.
Education and Experience:
- Must have MD or equivalent qualification from a Western Country.
- Must hold a current medical licence.
- Valid SCFHS license and valid BCLS certification.
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position in a large hospital.
- Customer service focused. Capable to work and under pressure
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows and Microsoft)
- Excellent interpersonal communication. English language and awareness of Arabic language.
- Familiar with Aslamic and Arabic culture.
- Demonstrated teaching skills in respect of junior medical staff, other staff, patients and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses