The Consultant will be fully responsible to provide a high standard of clinical practice and expertise in the assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients in the area of his or her specialty. He/ She should be involved in the continuous quality improvement activities of the department and hospital to achieve the goals of the hospital.
Organization Relationships :
- Responsible to : Medical Director through Coordinator of the Department
- Responsible for : All patients care of his/ her specialty
- Liaises With : Medical, Nursing and Administrative Staff, Patients/ families
- Will be responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved rota by the Medical Director.
- Will be responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, , analyzing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow- up.
- Will admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
- Will prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
- Will explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his/ her attendants.
- Will be responsible for monitoring the patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient accordingly.
- Will refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- He/ She must take daily rounds for his/ her In-Patients and referred patients.
- He/ She must write the patients complete medical record on time and also update the progress notes on same time.
- He/ She should authenticate and sign the medical record/ progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. He/ She must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to his/ her patients.
- He/ She will perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he/ she is specifically privileged according to his/ her qualification, licenses, training & experience.
- Will be responsible for approving the Discharge Summary, follow-up’s, Medical Report of his/ her patients.
- Will ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Will direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
- Will contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of his/ her department.
- Will serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as requested.
- Will ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly
- Will be On-Call as per hospital policy, as needed and will assume the duties of Coordinator of Department.
- Will be responsible to attend the Code Blue (if applicable) and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
- Will ensure that all reports and information as required by the Coordinator of the Department/ Medical Director are provided.
- Responsible for identifying and appropriately transferring all the Medico-Legal Cases on time with all the proper documentation and information to the hospital management as per the hospital policy.
- Participate in the provision of clinical / academic activities of the hospital.
Education and Qualifications:
- Medical Graduate from a Medical School recognized by the Medical Council in the country of origin, with completion of appropriate Internship and Residency requirements.
- Fellowship or Membership from the Royal College or Western Board in his/ her specialty.
- PhD / Post Graduate or equivalent Degree in his/ her specialty recognized by Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
Experience and Skills
- At least five (5) years of practice in his / her specialty after obtaining the higher degree in a Tertiary Care Hospital.
- Sub-specialty degree or structured sub-specialty training preferred.
- Excellent clinical/ technical skills in his/ her specialty.
- Knowledge of International / National Healthcare Standards.
- Computer Literate/ better knowledge of MS Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Demonstrated teaching skills in respect of junior medical staff, other staff, patients and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses