Treats patients who suffer from any gastrointestinal issues. Diagnose and treat any disorders, diseases, or irregularities that pertain to the digestive tract including but not limited to treating conditions as colon polyps, colon cancer, hepatitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, pancreatitis, colitis, gallbladder disease, peptic ulcer disease and other medical conditions.
Supervise the specialist in the department. Participate in the Continuous Medical Education program. Maintain and improve the high quality service for the patient. Cooperate with other colleagues for smooth running of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform any number of tests on patients, including blood work, colonoscopies, and endoscopies – upper G.I. tract – diagnostic and therapeutic, lower G.I. tract – diagnostic and therapeutic, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and E R C P.
- Must have specific knowledge and expertise in treating the digestive system, specialized in diagnosing and treating problems with the esophagus, intestines, stomach, liver and pancreas.
- Covering the outpatient clinic in two sessions a day for six days/week per schedule prepared.
- Management of in-patient admitted under his/her care including daily rounds follow-up orders and discharges. Responds to consultations from various department.
- Attends Continuing Education, Infection Control and Performance Improvement programs to keep updated with the current practices.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures in the department.
- Participates in committee meetings as required including meeting joint commission international accreditation.
- Any other task/s as assigned by the Head of the Department / Chief Medical Officer.
- Provides full explanation regarding the plan of care and the available treatment options to the patient and care giver in a simple language.
- Encourages the patient and care giver to participate in taking decisions affecting the course of treatment.
- Provides educational materials related to the case for the patient and care giver.
- Plans the educational session with the patient and family after checking their willingness to learn and their learning preferences.
Education and Qualifications:
- Must have MD or equivalent qualification from a Western Country.
- Must hold a current medical licence.
- Valid SCFHS license and valid BCLS certification.
Experience and Skills
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position in a large hospital.
- Customer service focused.
- Capable to work and produce under pressure
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows and Microsoft)
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- English language and awareness of Arabic language.
- Familiar with Islamic and Arabic culture.
- Demonstrated teaching skills in respect of junior medical staff, other staff, patients and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
- Salary Paid tax free
- End of contract bonus
- Severance Pay
- Free furnished accommodation with free recreation, sports and cultural facilities
- Free transportation service
- Up to 7.5 weeks paid annual leave per contract year
- Up to 2 return airline tickets per contract year (including agreed dependents)
- Free medical care & emergency dental care (including agreed dependents)
- Educational Allowance per child (Maximum of 3 children, 4-18 years)
- Study Leave of 10 working days per contract year and CPD courses